Aug 23rd

Download a Free XHTML/CSS Theme: Brightfolio

Download a Free XHTML/CSS Theme: Brightfolio

After a couple months without much activity on the site, I decided to go ahead and gear back up by giving away a free XHTML/CSS theme that includes a few goodies for you. See a preview after the jump.

The Theme

After a couple months without much activity on the site, I decided to go ahead and gear back up by giving away a free XHTML/CSS theme that includes a few goodies for you, the reader.  On the homepage we have a stylish JQuery nivo slider to display your portfolio pieces.  We also use the unique nivo zoom script for a extra special light box.  If you have any questions about the theme, please drop us a comment at the bottom of this page.

• Easily customizable background
  • Nivo Slider Slideshow
  • Nivo Zoom on Portfolio
  • Cross Browser Compatible
  • and more!

Download the Theme for Free!

Preview Images

Live Demo Homepage

Live Demo About Page

Live Demo Portfolio Page

Live Demo of Blog Page

Live Demo Contact Page

Thank you for your support!

Related Articles

Written by Matthew Heidenreich

Matthew Heidenreich is a freelance designer from St. Louis, Missouri. He enjoys teaching others how to create interface and web design tutorials. Find his work on his site, DeviseFunction. You can follow him on Twitter @Spicypepper.

Share Your Thoughts44 Comments

• Dennis August 24th, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Nice work! I love your design! But, the download theme link isn’t working.

• Matthew Heidenreich August 24th, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Fixed! And thanks for the comment.

• WSD - עיצוב אתרים September 2nd, 2011 at 4:49 am

Sharp, clean, clear design, the psd however having trouble loading, even though its been a year, could be fixed?
      THANKS!

• Dennis August 24th, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Thanks Matthew! Awesome job!

• Nico August 27th, 2010 at 8:15 am

oh yes, thats a good work.

• DJs September 6th, 2010 at 9:33 am

Thanks very much for taking the time to do this. Very handy, good work :)

• Vincent Klaiber September 9th, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Great work, really like the color scheme!

• Rahul September 23rd, 2010 at 4:03 am

Really great work dude!!

• qkweb November 2nd, 2010 at 2:13 am

Great work! Thank you!

• Rich November 22nd, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Hi Matt, really great work and it gives me an idea of just how far I have to go! I’ve downloaded the layout thanks but wondered if it’s OK to use it for a project if I change the images, color scheme and dabble with the layout? I don’t see anything in the documentation as far as a license ect? Please let me know as I am fairly new to web design but would love to use the basic structure but make enough changes so that it wouldn’t look the same as the original layout! Really appreciate your hard work! Cheers!

• Matthew Heidenreich November 22nd, 2010 at 7:31 pm

You can use this anyway you please with the alterations that you stated. Thanks for your interest!

• Vin February 21st, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Nice Design! Is the PSD File inclusive?

• avigill March 4th, 2011 at 11:30 pm

nice theme

gonna add bookmark of this site

• xC April 1st, 2011 at 11:08 pm

i hate you. this is not a theme! at least do not post incorrect information! it’s only a website draft. there is nothing to be done with it…

• Gavrilo April 28th, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Ey mate ty for this one ;) It helped me a lot.
    Much can be learned from it. At least from html css part, as I should in this case.
    Good luck

• Aaron June 4th, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Hey, cool design. Shame you’ve stolen my image from my portfolio website and used it illegally without crediting me or paying. Please remove my beach-huts image, and please do it now.

Thanks

• Pete Lacey June 4th, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Dude, check the Creative Commons license on images before you use them (Use a search tool like http://compfight.com/). If you keep taking them from world famous photographers like Aaaon Storry you’re going to get in trouble. Just sayin’.

• Dinesh June 29th, 2011 at 2:38 am

Hi! nice design, can I use some of it elements for my own website. If your permission :)

• Adel Bawakhan July 30th, 2011 at 6:30 am

Great Work Thank you very much

• huney apeal July 31st, 2011 at 6:33 am

Impact Color Print is a business leader in handling
    any type of print projects for marketing needs.
    Our products are brochures, catalogs, postcards,
    business cads, banners, plastic cards, door hangers, etc.
    Anything you imagine we print! All products are printed
    on eco-friendly vegetable based soy inks. Affordability,
    high quality and fast turnarounds are our area of focus.

• Aislinn August 9th, 2011 at 6:30 am

LOVE THIS DESIGN! You’ve done an excellent job!
    Is there any possibility i could use this for a website i manage? i’ll credit you fot it!
    This is just the thing ive been looking for!

• ghazal sms August 11th, 2011 at 3:48 am

PageRank is probably one of the most important algorithms ever developed for the Web.
    PageRank is not simply based upon the total number of inbound links.
    The basic approach of PageRank is that a document is in fact considered the more important the more other documents link to it,
    but those inbound links do not count equally.
    good points here about Trust now being a major factor in search engine results,
    that goes with what Rand and others have been saying too.
    this also settles for me the value of a natural approach to gaining backlinks and not getting a huge bunch of them,
    or a large # of high pr backlinks in a short period of time – it rather undermines the Trust factor.
    I do wonder what you think of bing and how Trust does/will play a role in their results.
    it seems to me from a rather preliminary and cursory look at some results and comparing those to over at google and yahoo,
    that bing ofter relies more on the keyword/s being the actual url,
    which seems to me a rather poor way to rank sites/pages.Great Experience, will recommend them to everyone.Thanks For Sharing.

• Dan September 15th, 2011 at 6:38 pm

When I play the live demo after a few times of sliding the photos there’re some vertical lines that stay on the images. check it out! I/m using Chrome browser.

• seo consultancy October 5th, 2011 at 2:56 am

great article thanks for sharing

• driving lessons October 5th, 2011 at 2:57 am

i really enjoyed reading your article keep up the good work

• tradesman October 5th, 2011 at 2:57 am

that was the best article ive read in a long time.

• male escorts October 5th, 2011 at 2:58 am

i find your article amazing to read

• Logo Blog October 7th, 2011 at 2:56 am

Nice n clean theme! Good to see it :) thanks!

• American Classic Statue Decor October 22nd, 2011 at 12:57 am

impressive work pal.. really cool work… i like it …

• webdevelopergeeks November 12th, 2011 at 3:37 am

Great Work. What else you need for a perfect portfolio. That even Free!! Right?

• web tasarim fiyatlari November 15th, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Thanks Great work, really like the color scheme.

• Mike November 27th, 2011 at 7:41 am

Great looking portfolio style them! Will try it on one of my clients sites. I think it will look amazing, hopefully it will work flawlessly as well.

• Julia Hodges z January 3rd, 2012 at 2:23 am

Some freelance sites supply a implies for that freelancers to rate the companies who hire them

• Stella January 16th, 2012 at 8:37 am

Hey, i was just wandering… Can we use this for free? Are there any copyright issues? I should use a link? Or is it ok withought a link? Because i dont see a license…

• toZOne February 12th, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Hello Can I use this theme,
    Is it okey to edit the theme to your needs ?

GREAT THEME !!!

• Paulo henrique May 6th, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Cara parabéns pelo trabalho simplesmente magnifico, design limpo mais sem perder a elegancia e a interação com o usuario simplesmente the best from web

• aome May 10th, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Muchas gracias por compartir y ayudar a los novatos en diseño web como yo XDD, impresionante diseño!! Sigan así.

• Guido July 4th, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Can you explain to me in which part of the code I can put my own email adress, so the contactform will send the mail to my email?

• Deepak Kumar September 28th, 2012 at 4:44 am

thank you Matthew, for shearing your great knowledge.

• Leo November 20th, 2012 at 7:23 am

Hello beautifull website
    can you tell me where to put the mail in the form of contacts
    thanks

• free website templates January 24th, 2013 at 2:37 am

best XHTML/CSS Theme cover by you
    Thanks

• dj entertainment services May 17th, 2013 at 12:58 am

Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for information about this subject for a while and yours is the best I have came upon till now. But, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the supply?

• bd May 24th, 2013 at 4:45 am

Remember to tag them so they will be easier for you to find when you are viewing your library.

Leave Your Response