Lets Get Started
We just showed you how to create the new , and here is the loading screen.
1. For this tutorial I have provided you with a document with guides already in place to help you while creating your introduction loading screen image. You can download this file from the tutorial resource list above, or by clicking here. Once downloaded, open it up in Photoshop.
2. I chose to use the Polygonal Lasso Tool for the purpose of this tutorial since we will just be creating basic shapes. If you are more comfortable using the Pen Tool, there is no harm in that. Using your Tool, create a shape similar to the following and fill it with #05417F.
3. Right now our shape is a little flat, so we want to add some blending options to our layer to give it some depth. To do this right click your layer in the layers palette and choose blending options from the drop down menu.
4. Next we will continue with making shapes. Using your Polygonal Lasso Tool create a selection similar to the following and fill it with #2B5D9D.
5. Just like before we want to add some depth to our shape, so add the following blending options:
6. Again we need to create yet another shape. So using your Polygonal Lasso Tool again, create the following shape and fill it with #50ADDE.
7. Add the following blending options to your shapes layer:
8. We now want to make another light blue shape that will be in the bottom left side of our document. Using your Polygonal Lasso Tool yet again, make the following shape and fill it with #77CDF6.
9. Add the following blending options to your layer:
9. We are almost done creating our 3D shape, only two more boxes left! Using your Polygonal Lasso Tool create another shape similar to the following with a fill of #295998:
10. Add the following blending options:
11. Just one shape left. Using your Tool for the last time, create a selection that looks similar to the following and fill it with #244E84.
12. Add the following blending options to your layer:
13. The last thing we need to do is merge all our layers. I did this by selecting all of my layers and then right clicking and choosing Merge Layers. We then want to add a drop shadow to our newly created layer by adding the following blending options:
14. All that is left is to add the text and your finished! To create the PS logo, please visit our tutorial on creating the . When it’s all said and done, you’ll have something that looks like this:
This was written by Matthew Heidenreich